Excerpt BFP: Heaven and Hell

         As time goes by
         slowly as fine wine ages.
         Ours is a love for the ages,
         and only the sages will understand.

         Why it is I froze, looking
         up at the ceiling, long enough
         for you to ponder

         what's on my mind
         The 2 things you said:
         lack of trust, and
         you can't pretend a year didn't go by

         That alone made it reality.
         To know that the glee
         of you and me is only temporary;
         that I can't have you

         How I want. for you
         to be free, not only for me;
         for you are the world.
         the reason I had to freeze
         and cork my passion
         and spill my seed while french-kissing.

         I long for you
         So much, that it is scary;
         I may trust but I still fear

         To be taken for granted;
         Once more to bite my lip
         and swallow my tears
         as another new lover learns
         because my soul burned

         In the fire called Experience,
         I'm a teacher who watches bright pupils
         return
         to make their peace, they shed.
         turn the good into stress
         and deny I was the best they ever had.

         I can't promise that I can
         continue to hide my vulnerability;
         yes! I may cry and cuss

         not just for sympathy
         but for the understanding that I need.